Institute of Cardiology
Department of Heart Failure and Transplantology
We work as a clinical center of cardiology and cardiosurgery with the highest reference score. The clinical activity in the Institute focuses on interventional treatment of acute coronary syndromes, diagnosis and treatment of coronary artery disease and cardiac insufficiency as well as acquired and congenital heart defects. The clinical activity also includes diagnosing and treating arterial hypertension, arrhythmia and comprehensive cardiac care of patients with oncological disease. The procedures performed at the Institute include cardiosurgery and heart transplantation as well as all kind of imaging diagnostics.
We are also involved in research activity with the special attention on basic science. The main study subjects are related to heart failure, remodelling process, molecular biology and genetics (Calcium related proteins, Iron homeostasis, Natriuretic Peptides, Heart rhythm and arrhythmia, telomeres physiology and several others aspects). Also we focused on cardio-oncology (cardiotoxicity in oncology therapy, neuroendocrine tumors and relationship with heart diseases) subjects.
Heart failure with he speciall attention of:
- Myocardial expression of calcium handling protein (on mRNA / protein) in remodeled left ventricle due to volume overload / volume reduced conditions.
- Myocardial iron load, homeostasis, erytropoietin expresion in advanced heart failure and remodeled left ventricle
- Myostatin a key regulator of heart metabolism and cardiomyocyte growth interacting tightly with insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) in the myocardium of end-stage heart failure
- Natriuretic peptide, peptide receptors and clearance system in the myocardium of end-stage heart failure
- Circular RNA in left ventricular dysfunction
- Heart rate changes in heart failure (animal study)
- The HER 2 signaling network in the human heart failure
Interested in collaborating on
As a clinical center of cardiology and cardiosurgery we are involved in several international collaborations with regard to heart failure and other cardiology diseases. We are open to any research proposal, which are based on human subjects. We treat full profile cardiac diseases while also having experience in running projects involving basic science.
Selected publications on lncRNA
Myocardial Infarction-Associated Circular RNA Predicting Left Ventricular Dysfunction
Vausort M, Salgado-Somoza A, Zhang L, Leszek P, Scholz M, Teren A, Burkhardt R, Thiery J, Wagner DR, Devaux Y. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016, 68(11):1247-8.