University Hospital of Düsseldorf
Department of Anaesthesiology
Our research group is interested in the investigation of microRNAs and lncRNAs as Biomarkers in acute kidney injury (especially in the context of cardiac surgery) and after cardiac arrest.
We are currently running a Biomarker study investigating the expression profiles of microRNAs and lncRNA in the context of cardiac surgery.
- Isolation of microRNAs, expression profiling.
- Isolation of exosomes and profiling of non-coding RNA, measurement of exosome size and number (NTA).
- Conduction/participation in studies dealing with critically ill patients.
- Cooperating with groups that are interested in remote ischemic preconditioning (RIPC) in a perioperative context
Our research group has a long expertise in the conduction of studies dealing with the effects of remote ischemic preconditioning in animal models (rat and mice) including Langendorff experiments (PD Dr. Dr. Huhn).
Interested in collaborating on
- Increasing patient number in studies dealing with cardiac arrest patients
- Cooperating with laboratories that are experts in the field of lncRNAs
- Cooperating with clinicians that are interested in microRNA studies