University of Valencia
Department of Physiology, Laboratorio de Investigación en Células Endoteliales
INCLIVA Biomedical Research Institute
Laboratorio de Investigación en Células Endoteliales (L.In.CE) research group is a multidisciplinary team of expert researchers in Vascular and Endocrine Physiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology and Reproductive Biology.
Main lines of research:
- Gender differences in cardiovascular area
- Vascular effects of sex hormones
- Identification of new hormone-regulated signalling pathways in endothelium
- Interaction of sex hormones with pro-atherogenic factors
- miRNA profile in vascular cells under estrogenic exposure
We perform studies on gene and protein expression, vasoactive substance production measurement and functional approaches on cardiovascular pathophysiology at three levels:
- Cultured endothelial cells
- Experimental animal models (mainly senescence accelerated mouse and experimental menopause)
- Human samples
- Molecular biology techniques: PCR, RT-PCR, microarrays…
- Biochemical techniques: western blot, immunofluorescence, ELISA, HPLC…
- Cell biology techniques: primary cultures of human endothelial and smooth muscle cells, flow cytometry…
- Vascular physiology techniques: vascular reactivity
Interested in collaborating on
- To discover and to analyse the disease mechanisms at the vascular level.
- To study the endothelial and vascular repercussion of the diseases and treatments by means of studying the miRNA, mRNA and protein expression profiles and the endothelial functionality.
- To discover the implication of sex and gender differences on the vascular consequences of diseases and therapeutic interventions.
- To identify biomarkers of cardiovascular diseases.
- To share our collaboration with clinicians and our access to large cohorts of controls and patients with cardiovascular diseases